Saturday, July 29, 2006

Aunt Lucy

Eli in his 'jet jammies' that he probably won't fit for much longer (so sad) but I love the look on his face, so cute.
Aunt Lucy
My Aunt Lucy came to stay for a few days to help with the babies because they were getting shots (5 each). She darn near cried when the babies got their shots & then got each baby 2 stickers while I was signing forms "they got 5 shots they should get 5 stickers" but appearantly there was a limited quantity to chose from. She is the kindest person I think I know. I have always felt a special connection with her, She told me she has always felt that I was special. We always get along & laugh way too much even if I haven't seen her in 5 years (as was the case this week, practically * She had been living in Florida, until lately). She makes me wish I had that kind of easy going relationship with my mom, who at best is always tricky to deal with & not usually easy to get along with. My mother could not come & help because "she had to drop her husband off to work" (* not true he had a ride that week*) but hey to each his own. I just hope that my own neice feels the same way about me as I feel about my Aunt (I think she does). So anyway...

The week seemed long because the babies were cranky for a day or two. The doctor (Dr. DYK, really!!) asked me how much sleep they were getting at night & I proudly told him 4-5 hour! He said that babies at 9 weeks can sleep through the night & the next time one woke to soothe him/her & put them back to sleep without a feeding & see what happens. Okay night one a baby cries & Ronda gets up & feeds him (dispite the dr's adviice) Avery starts to cry while Rondsa is feeding Eli so I get up change her & put her back in the crib & rub her tummy, Voila' she slept all night. It only took 2 more nights of this for Ronda to catch on... So now my babies sleep 8 hour straight through!! YEA!!! anyway enjoy the pictures & notice hou all the animals seem to flock to Aunt Lucy!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Aunt Lucy seems to be buried in critters, can she breathe in there? You kids are too cute!